Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Almost Finish Mbag


I started knitting this bag before Christmas following the pattern for French Market Bag. I love bags and when I started knitting, I want to make them! =) This is my second knitted bag. I made some modifications since I want it bigger than the suggested size. I enjoyed making this. I so love the colors! I used Sensations Kashmira yarn I bought on sale at Joann's.

Completed project:


Base: 12.5 x 10.5
Body: 12.5
Handles: 20.5

I still have to do the last and most important step... felting! urgh... here I am crossing my fingers and hoping that this will turn out fine. Til my next blog. =)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Patrice! That bag looks good. Just remember to use a low water level in your washer and hot water with a little bit of detergent. You can also add a shoe or tennis ball to the washer to speed up the felting. Check it frequently during the wash cycle to see if it has felted to the size you want. Then take it out, pull and stretch to the shape you want. Then let it dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip Sharon! i'll update you as soon as I felt it. =)

    ReplyDelete