Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jewelry 101

As part of my hubby's gift to me for Christmas, he asked me to choose a class that I want to enroll at so that I can do something different. We both will try to learn something new/different this year. Everybody knows, I love knitting, and so far he is not against it! Lolz. I'm afraid that he will be mad of my yarn expenses, but he's been cool with it. That's one reason I love him sooo much! He lets me explore whatever I want to do and totally supports me. I am a total craft junkie. I want to make almost everything I possibly can. I have a long to-do-and-try list for 2009. Jewelry making is one of them. So I went to my local Jo-ann's store and sign up for Jewelry 101. I had a coupon for 50% off which made the class cooler. It was fun! I learned the basics of jewelry making and I was able to make some dangling earrings and a mini bracelet.



As soon as we finished the class, I signed up for the Jewelry 301 class, which is mainly wire wrapping. I had that class tonight. It was fun. But of course, my wire wrapping is not perfect. Urgh! Did i tell you that it can hurt your hands? O boy, my fingers hurt right now. But then, it's all worth it. I made new friends and I even found two of my co-workers at the same class! One coincidence is that I think 4 out of 8 of us in the class are nurses! I guess that just proves that nurses are creative or that we all don't have a life... hehehe (which btw, I totally disagree). ;)

my wire wrapping set




So, I guess expect more pics of my future jewelry projects on this blog! Special thanks to my uber crafty friend Sharon for all the encouragement. =)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, those are great! Keep up the good work!
    I love crafts too. And I spend a fortune on them, but you know that, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! YEah, i know, it is expensive.. now aside from yarn, i also "have" to buy beads. lolz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you can get deals on eBay. Some of the beads I get are from China. It takes a while to get them, but worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete