Friday, January 9, 2009

Cute Booties for Babies

Baby boom stage is in the air... too many babies, too little time.. ok, first off, NO, i'm not preggo.. YET. So no babies for me... but for the people around me, it seems like everybody's having one. I have two co-workers who gave birth last December, 2 co-workers who are now grannies, and lots of new babies in our neighborhood. Even the lady who does my nails are on leave since she's going to have her baby.. i think tomorrow (Jan. 10th) is actually her due date. Then I have some batchmates/friends in highschool and college who just had their babies or are expecting. And this inspired me to try to do some booties... they are oh-so-cute and so easy to make. I made this pair last night since for some reason, I can't sleep! I guess i got too excited for my day-off today. LOL!


Ok, so I have to admit a boo-boo that happened. So from my earlier post this year, I mentioned that I organized my needles. I was supposed to use 3mm for this one. After finishing the first one, i just noticed that my needles are not of the same size! urgh! I was actually using 3mm and 2.5mm. what the heck?! LOL... but then, I continued using my non-pair needles hoping that the booties will be almost of the same size. Urgh... i feel stupid! haha.. What happened was, I organized my needles by size and since 2.5s and 3s are pretty small, i put them altogether. tsktsk.. lesson learned: always double check your needles! ;)

This project is not finished yet since i still have to put some buttons on it. Don't get me wrong, I love the buttons, i just don't like putting it on.... but nevertheless, i still love them.

4 comments:

  1. That's a cute pattern. Where did you find it? I might like to try that sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's called Saartje's booties.. really cute and easy to knit... here's the link http://members.home.nl/tdpj/Patronen/Bootees/Saartjes%20bootees.pdf

    ReplyDelete